Summer Plans for Worship:
We rejoice in the opportunity to transition to in person worship together! We have been able to gather in person the last few Sundays and are full of gratitude for this meaningful gift from God after more than a year of virtual services due to the COVID-19 global pandemic. As more and more individuals are vaccinated (we encourage all adults who are eligible to receive vaccinations) and cases and hospitalizations continue to fall, public health experts have eased some of the restrictions on social gatherings that we’ve been following. We will continue to adhere to our state/county health regulations in this regard, but are thankful for progress toward more in person gatherings. [Presently gatherings of any type are encouraged to be held outside rather than inside and faith based gatherings are encouraged to adhere to a 1 hour timeframe.]
As we prepare for the summer season, we plan to gather and worship outside as often as the weather permits, which is a wonderful opportunity to be present in God’s creation! Most Sundays we will be meeting in the quad (inner green space of the Western campus) so, prepare to Praise God in the Quad! Our gathering time will be 10-11am. There will be no Sunday school or potluck meals during the summer months, but you are welcome to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy outside after the service if you wish. In case of inclement weather, we will meet in the sanctuary. A few Sundays we will be worshipping off site at other locations and you can check the Upcoming Events calendar on the homepage where these will be posted. For those needing specific directions, please contact Pastor Terry.
Just like a day trip to the beach or a river or lake, come prepared with your lawn chairs, hats, layers (we do live in western Oregon), sunglasses, sunscreen, etc. to be comfortable in an outdoor setting. And, don’t forget your favorite mask or face covering! (Masks optional for outside services)
As we gather, please review the COVID conscious practices we will follow:
- In the Spirit of love and caring for one another, we require universal mask use anytime services are inside the church. Masks are optional for outside services.
- We ask that you honor safe physical distancing from other households as you place your chairs (minimum 6 feet recommended).
- Singing permitted outside and with masks on if inside.
- Self serve station with bulletins, hymnals/song sheets, offering basket, coin/change offering bucket to limit touch points (extra masks and hand sanitizer also provided).
- Please continue to practice good hand washing/hand sanitizing and refrain from coming if you feel unwell.
Praise God for our health and safety and we look forward to seeing you in the Quad!
Click below to see past Worship Services on YouTube
You are invited to join us any Sunday morning. All ages welcome to worship together with us.